Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Spiritual Cure-All (2)

I was thinking about the power of gratitude to heal me through difficulties I have been facing. It is not only a healer, it also brings extra joy to any situation.


Here's my favorite quote on gratitude. I may have quoted it before. Thank you to Melody Beatty for your insight!


"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace into today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -- Melody Beatty



I really believe this is true! It has been true in my life.


Another thing that has been a salve in my life has been obedience. There's a great story here about a man whose obedience to a good-hearted leader's counsel saved his own soul.


My favorite quote from this story is this:


Obedience is strong medicine. It comes close to being a cure-all.



I have some more thinking about this topic to do. But in the meantime, I can see that my own obedience lately to counsel has been a huge blessing in my life. There is much more I can do to obey God's commandments. And I have much course correcting to do. But I have faith that obedience is medicine--and the way to open the floodgates of blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts!